ASHI (American Safety & Health Institute) course accepted by New York State Education Dept.
This ASHI Advanced First Aid Course is designed to fill the gap between Basic First Aid training and the Emergency Medical EMS System. It is recommended for individuals who are not EMS or Healthcare Providers but desire or require certification in Advanced First Aid.
This course is recommended for non-EMS personnel and is the acceptable course for Coaches First Aid.
• Role of the Emergency Responder
• Legal and Ethical Principles of Emergency Care
• Wellness and Safety of Responder
• Introduction to Anatomy
• Principles of Lifting, Moving and Positioning
• Airway Management and Rescue Breathing
• Principles of Assessment
• Caring for Medical Emergencies
• Caring for Soft-Tissue Injuries and Shock
• Caring for Muscle and Bone Injuries
• Caring for injuries to the Head and Spine
• Multiple-Casualty Incidents and Principles of Triage
BLS Healthcare Provider CPR is required as a prerequisite for Advanced First Aid.
Emergency Responder Advanced First Aid course length: 5-8 hours
Course prices: $200 for Advanced First Aid only. BLS Healthcare Provider CPR and Advanced First Aid: $270
Course includes Emergency Responder Advanced First Aid book.
To schedule: Contact CPR Dave at 845.224.6355
For more information: Contact CPR Dave at 845.224.6355