This American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI) Advanced First Aid Course is designed to fill the gap between Basic First Aid training and the Emergency Medical EMS System. It is recommended for individuals who are not EMS or Healthcare Providers but desire or require certification in Advanced First Aid.
This course is recommended for non-EMS personnel and is the acceptable course for Coaches First Aid.
• Role of the Emergency Responder
• Legal and Ethical Principles of Emergency Care
• Wellness and Safety of Responder
• Introduction to Anatomy
• Principles of Lifting, Moving and Positioning
• Airway Management and Rescue Breathing
• Principles of Assessment
• Caring for Medical Emergencies
• Caring for Soft-Tissue Injuries and Shock
• Caring for Muscle and Bone Injuries
• Caring for injuries to the Head and Spine
• Multiple-Casualty Incidents and Principles of Triage
BLS Healthcare Provider CPR online or in our White Plains class is required as a prerequisite for Advanced First Aid.
Emergency Responder Advanced First Aid Renewal
Course length: 5-8 hours
For course pricing and more information or to schedule a course: Email us or call CPR Dave at 845.224.6355