This American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR AED Blended eLearning Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This course is designed to prepare students to provide CPR and use an AED in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
Heartsaver CPR AED Online is the eLearning portion of the Heartsaver CPR AED blended learning course and is designed to teach students the cognitive information needed for CPR and AED training.
Upon successful completion of both portions of the course, students receive a Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card, valid for two years.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
*Child/Infant Module is optional
Is This Course Right for You?
Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
Course length: 1.75 hours
The hands-on skills practice and testing session is conducted in-person at our White Plains, NY, and Danbury, CT, training centers. Please check our White Plains and Danbury Skill Session schedules for a list of dates, times and pricing. Upon successful completion of both the online and hands-on portions of the course, students receive a Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card, valid for two years.
Certification: 2 years from the American Heart Association (Results in same certification as a full classroom course)
Course Price: $15.00 for on-line portion, payable directly to AHA, and $75 for the Skills Session
Book: No book needed, online access to all the course information for a period of 2 years
Register for this course on the AHA web site at www.onlineaha.org and pay them directly.
After completing your online course, print the Certificate of Course Completion and email us or call us at 845.224.6355 to schedule a Skills Session for either our White Plains or Danbury training center.
Must bring Course Completion Certificate to Skills Session!